Written By: Chip Rudolph ~ 7/4/2022
Summer is in full swing. It is time for vacations and travel.
FROM THE CORNER HOME OFFICE this month would like to provide WORDS OF WISDOM to help make wise decisions for those special plans.
Vacations are meant to help with:
- A change of pace or scenery
- Escaping thoughts of work
- Relaxation and new adventures
Here are 4 ideas to consider when planning your summer getaways.
- TRAVEL IS THE ONLY THING YOU BUY THAT MAKES YOU RICHER.
- As you spend money on airfare, hotels, attractions, etc. in a new environment, there are always things to learn and enrich your life.
Returning from such a trip fills you with memories, knowledge, and understanding of different people and cultures.
- You will usually gain much more than what you have spent.
- IT IS BETTER TO SEE SOMETHING ONCE THAN TO TALK ABOUT IT A THOUSAND TIMES.
- Oftentimes a discussion takes place about the wonders of a certain city, artifacts, attractions, or other exciting adventures.
- Such discussions might repeat over and over again. Seeing it once for yourself is far superior to anything that might be said.
- The Grand Canyon is a perfect example. All the things that have been said, all the enthusiastic descriptions, and all mention of this national landmark will pale in comparison to being there to see it in person.
- WE TRAVEL, NOT TO ESCAPE LIFE, BUT FOR LIFE NOT TO ESCAPE US.
- From sea to shining sea, there is much to learn, see, visit, experience, and explore.
- We sometimes say we want to escape our lives. What we really mean is that we want to get away from the monotony of our daily life.
- Travel allows us to absorb everything around us so that we do not miss it. That is difficult to do if we do not periodically leave our daily life to enjoy the other offerings.
- THE WORLD IS A BOOK. THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY ONE PAGE.
- The world has much to offer, teach, show us, and uncover. If we do not go out into the world to explore these lessons, we learn only what is at our doorstep.
- Books only provide a limited amount of information. Without experiencing it for ourselves, we cannot appreciate the true expanse that is out there.
- Travel helps show us other choices, cultures, architecture, forms of nature, and ways of life.
Vacations and travel are meant to help you recharge, rejuvenate, and relax. They are also meant to teach lessons, visualize sights, and enhance our perspective.